The A45 USV is docked at the pier in the NAVDEX 2023 marina. Its primary missions are patrolling, surveillance, search and rescue, and transit around mother ships, base stations, and islands. A45 can also help with anti-piracy operations, anti-drug and anti-weapons trafficking, and preventing illegal fishing.
According to Poly Technologies, the USV can be armed to attack surface targets.
A45 has autonomous, obstacle avoidance, and swarm capabilities. According to the company, the USV is not easily detectable (less than 5 kilometers in range) thanks to its aluminum alloy hull and stealth shape.
The surface drone can be controlled by one of two console types: a 1.8mX0.81m console or a laptop. The operator uses the console to plan the route and tasks to be completed, as well as to send instructions to the USVs. The USV sails along the predetermined route, avoiding obstacles autonomously along the way.
- Length: 7.5m
- Width: 2.6m
- Draught: 0.6m
- Displacement: 4.6t
- Max speed: 40 knots
- Range: 280 nautical miles with 25 knots
- Endurance: 11 hours
- Control distance: Remote control-2km, Private network-20km, SATCOM-unlimited
- Seakeeping: Up to sea state 4 (use weapon system effectively), up to sea state 5 (safe navigation at low speed)
- Main engines: 2x205kW, Steyr Diesel
- Propulsion: 2xJet Pump
- Armament: 1×12.7 mm gun (range 1.5km)
- Sensors: Navigation radar, EO/IR