There was a lot going on in the Indo-Pacific region in October: Multiple CSGs operated together in the Pacific, Japan launched its second Taigei-class submarine and started sea trials of its first FFM frigate, exercise MALABAR 21 took place in the bay of Bengal, Russian and Chinese ships patrolled together in the Pacific for the first time and naval forces from Australia, Japan, UK and the US conducted a large exercise in the Indian Ocean.
- Multiple CSGs operate together in the Pacific
- Japan’s first FFM Frigate starts sea trials
- Australia, India, Japan, US take part in MALABAR 21
- Kawasaki launches “Hakugei” – Second Taigei-class submarine for JMSDF
- Russia – China combined naval drills in Sea of Japan
- Warships from Australia, Japan, UK and US join forces in MPX 2021