MHI press release – Translated by Naval News
The ship, which was ordered in the first year of Reiwa (the imperial reign period that began on May 1, 2019), was the second Shunkou-class patrol vessel and was named “Asanagi”.
She will be delivered to the Japanese Coast Guard in the fifth year of Reiwa after being equipped with the hull, engine, electrical system, and weapons.
Mitsubishi Shipbuilding will continue to contribute to the progress of society together with its customers by building ships that contribute to social security and international development with excellent fuel efficiency and environmental compatibility.
- Length: 140 m
- Width: 16.5 m
- Tonnage: ~6700 tons
- Propulsion: 4 × IHI-SEMT Pielstick 16 PC2.5 V400 diesel engines coupled to 2 shafts
- Max Speed: 25 knots
- Range: 20.000 nautical miles
- Sensors: OPS-14 2D Air search radar, MS 1596 navigation radar, JMA 8303 surface search radar
- Weapons: 1 × Bofors 40 mm gun, 2 × JM61 20 mm guns
- Helicopter: 2 × Eurocopter AS332 or EC225