This exceptional edition will of course be unique. EURONAVAL is THE major world meeting place for the sector. Major industrialists, SME-ISE, official delegations, start-ups, all have been congregating in Paris Le Bourget from all over the world for the last 50 years discovering technologies of the future, preparing the future of navies in terms of warfare and policing, negotiating contracts and exchanging on the major naval issues.
The world health situation has forced many exhibition organisers to cancel their events since March. It is now necessary to carry on living and working with the virus. This is why the GICAN, with the support of the French Ministry of the Armed Forces, has taken a courageous decision: to maintain EURONAVAL 2020, an essential event not only for the naval sector, but also for the economy as a whole.
EURONAVAL is innovating to offer a formula adapted to the health situation
Health protocol: in order to welcome all groups of public in complete safety, EURONAVAL’s teams have been working for months to build a 2020 edition adapted to the health situation. A specific protocol has been implemented: no more than 5,000 people present at the same time inside the enclosure, masks must be worn, alcohol-based gel must be freely available at all strategic points, floor markings to ensure that people respect social distancing in high density locations (entrances, exits, restaurants, etc.). Full protocol here
Web-Conference: Three thematic web conferences will be organised in partnership with the Foundation for Strategic Research (FRS) to replace the opening conference initially planned at the Maison de la Chimie. High level speakers from political, military, industrial and academic fields will address major naval defence and maritime security issues. To attend the event live, registrations can be completed online using the badge order module on the exhibition website.
CYBER Naval Hub by FIC: This year, in partnership with CEIS, the EURONAVAL 2020 teams will be presenting a new pavilion dedicated to cybersecurity: the CYBER NAVAL HUB. Workshops and meetings on this subject will take place throughout the week.
Six companies will be particularly prominent in this space presenting their innovations:
- FRANCE CYBER MARITIME : The maritime sector is facing increasing attacks on its systems. Ports, ships, logistics operators and all activities can have their activities deeply impacted.
« France Cyber Maritime», its sectoral Maritime CERT (M-CERT) and the services it delivers are the adapted Maritime response to counter the Cyber threats for SME’s up to Critical Infrastructures.
- GATEWATCHER (FR) : produces the Trackwatch® advanced intrusion and threat detection system.
- HOLISEUM (FR) : A global approach to security to secure critical infrastructures by offering services across the entire value chain of cybersecurity services: governance, audits, solutions, remediation and operations.
- KUB CLEANER (FR) : has developed the KUB station (Kiosk for Universal Blocking). A kiosk available to users, maintenance providers, suppliers, which decontaminates removable media in order to protect information and production systems from USB media infections.
- STORMSHIELD : A European leader in digital infrastructure security and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Airbus CyberSecurity, the company offers smart, connected solutions to anticipate attacks and protect digital infrastructures.
- TIXEO (FR) : designs and provides secure videoconferencing solutions that guarantee organisations strict confidentiality for their communications.
Naval-online. Aware that a certain number of countries will probably not be able to send delegations and industrialists to visit the exhibition this year, the organisers have decided to create Naval-Online, the digital complement to the Euronaval exhibition. For exhibitors, it will be an exceptional opportunity to extend the visibility of their offer and products. Each exhibitor will be able to invite visitors, clients and partners who are faraway and unable to attend. J2C-Communication will contact all exhibitors to accompany them on Naval-Online and offer them ways to customise their digital stand.
Exhibitors and visitors will be present
As 15th September, 35 days before opening, nearly 300 exhibitors from 20 countries have already confirmed their presence. The organisers are ready to welcome major French and foreign industrialists. Startups will once again be given pride of place this year in the SEAnnovation area (full list to come). In addition, more than 40 countries have so far confirmed their intention to send an official delegation to the event.
“We would like to thank all our exhibitors, new and old, foreign delegations and registered visitors who, despite the health crisis we are going through, have renewed their confidence in us. This commitment confirms the resilience of our industry and highlights the spirit of enterprise and market competition that characterises our sector as a whole.”
Hugues d’Argentré, EURONAVAL Managing Director