From self-defense operations to ship protection at anchor, PASEO electro-optical FCS provides surface vessels with high precision engagement capacities against sea or air targets and terrorist threats. Day or night, it ensures short to long-range identification & tracking even in very rough sea conditions with poor visibility.
PASEO NS Multi-mission naval electro-optical fire control system
PASEO NS is part of Safran Electronics & Defense’s new PASEO Marine line of naval products. It is used for both surveillance and fire control of naval guns of all calibers (especially 40, 57, 76 and 100 mm). Gyrostabilized, it also features a video camera, MWIR (Medium Wave Infrared) channel and laser rangefinder. The PASEO NS can detect and automatically track all threats, conventional or asymmetrical, from near the ship out to the horizon. PASEO NS incorporates feedback from the version already deployed by land forces. It was specifically adapted to meet the specific conditions and challenges facing surface ships.
PASEO NS Mk3 is the latest member of Safran Electronics & Defense’s large range of sighting systems. In comparison with the PASEO NS Mk1, the PASEO NS Mk3 system features :
- Digital video for both channel : infrared and TV
- Optical Continuous Zoom TV x 24 with last generation 4K resolution sensor
- High aperture optical Continuous Zoom IR x 8 with HD resolution sensor
- x2 and x4 Electronic Zoom available for both channels
- High rate laser range finder with 10 Hz measurement rate
- High performance tracking and new generation of image processing suite
- FCS system with gun control and ballistic computer available as an option
PASEO XLR Extra long range naval optronic identification & fire control
PASEO XLR is the extra long-range naval optronic system of Safran. Integrated in a Combat Management System or operated in a stand-alone mode, PASEO XLR allows manual or automatic sector surveillance, automatic target tracking, visual identication and transmission or reception of 3D target designation information. PASEO XLR is able to simultaneously control several guns of different calibers.
Specifically designed for operation in extreme naval environments, with a particular focus on modularity to facilitate maintenance, PASEO XLR comprises:
- A high-performance gyrostabilized platform providing an accurate line of sight
- A wide set of imagers (TV, IR, SWIR…) with continuous zoom and high-power telescopes (spotters)
- An eye-safe laser range nder
- A ballistic computer allowing high accuracy gun ring (option)
- A Man-Machine Interface (MMI) located in a multifunction console of the CMS (optional software on request) and/or in a local dedicated console (eg. bridge-located)