Lacroix will be present at PACIFIC 2019, at Stand 3U-11 on the French Pavilion
The LACROIX Defense team is proud to participate for the second time as an exhibitor at the PACIFIC 2019 exhibition where we will mainly focus on RAN tailor-made NAVAL Solutions for the SEA5000 and 1180 programs, offering second layer protection with centroid seduction tactics for ship protection of all types (OPV, Corvettes, Frigates) with our innovative SYLENA Decoy Launcher system :
- Anti-Air Warfare (Infrared (IR),
- Corner Reflectors CNR (RF),
- Anti-Submarine Warfare,
- Compatibility with NULKA distraction tactics with no interference in Kill chain process
LACROIX is positioned to set up operations for Australian Industry Capability and to partner with Australian Shipyards to integrate the Australian defense industry in view of gaining export markets.
- LACROIX is present in Asia, Europe and the Americas, and is considering establishing a footprint in Oceania
- Market potential suggests a Lacroix set up an activity in Australia, using existing supply chains for the manufacture of launchers, integration into platforms and energetic device production.
- Plan for an industrial transfer to Australia over time
- The scope of Gov’t to Gov’t arrangements can be to share data on performance and technologies (possibly ‘piggy-backing’ on existing arrangements for the Future Submarine programs).
- Opportunities to drive export of part of protection or signalling solutions from Australia over time
During PACIFIC 2019, we will mainly demonstrate our cutting-edge, compact SYLENA MK2 decoy launching system, which ensures superior self-protection of your valuable platforms.
About the LACROIX – SYLENA MK2 passive countermeasure system
It is a “fitted for purpose” design solution for RAN requirements with operational capabilities such as:
- Decoys proven and qualified by DGA (French Armament Directorate) for over 10 years
- In service on French Navy FREMM, La Fayette and Horizon class frigates and a range of export nation vessels
- Provides protection against old and emerging missiles and torpedoes (chaff discriminators, millimetric wave, infrared bi-color seekers, supersonic missiles, modern torpedoes, etc.)
- Compatible with hard kill and active soft kill (Nulka), due to limited decoy area that strongly limits interference with other ship systems (radar clutter etc)
- When combined with Nulka on FFH and DDG classes, it provides:
- enhanced efficiency in radiofrequency soft kill capability
- IR soft kill capability
- Provides affordable, lightweight, capability for minor war vessels and auxiliaries
- Simple upper deck physical integration (small footprint) and proven integration into a range of combat systems
- Launches the latest range of anti-torpedo decoys (TCM)