STADT AS press release
Due to increased use of electric and electronic weapon-systems, the Royal Norwegian Navy and navies all over the world show increased interest for electric propulsion to power future navy vessels. Overall goals are to seek minimum carbon footprint, lower power consumption with utilization of new low emission power sources. It is also a goal to increase operational range and defense capabilities by Stealth operations.
STADT will, in cooperation with the Royal Norwegian Navy, further develop its own technology to meet their impressive goals, such as :
- No electric interference and low signature, surpassing todays naval EMC standards
- Bring lifetime and reliability of electric propulsion up to a new high standard
- Extreme Propulsion Efficiency
- Compact footprint and low weight
- Extended endurance of the ships
- Low environment footprints
- Adaptable to any energy source, or combinations
- Scalability to a very high power range
- Fulfilment of naval standards for shock and vibration
The STADT Stealth Drive technology has the capabilities to be essential for the new trend in naval ship propulsion.
The naval extension of the STADT Lean Propulsion ® – the STADT Stealth Drive range, is based upon the core technological elements that has been well developed and proven globally in the patented STADT Lean Drive technology.
A spokesman from the Royal Norwegian Navy said that STADT has developed a very innovative technology that has a potential to increase defense capabilities for the future Navy fleet.
“STADT has already had a break-through in the Navy-sector and installed STADT Stealth Lean Propulsion ® in vessels for other foreign navies. The acceptance from the Ministry of Defense and the Norwegian Navy for this joint development project, is important for us to further strengthen our position and possibilities for export and to succeed in ongoing projects and developments towards navies world-wide“
Hallvard L. Slettevoll , CEO of STADT AS.
STADT AS is member of the Norwegian Defence and Security Industries Association, FSI.