OCEA press release
After the delivery in 8 years of 18 ships to the Nigerian Navy, including the NNS LANA, a 60-meter hydrographic research vessel type OSV 190 SC-WB, two 35-meter patrol boats type FPB 110 MKII and two interceptors of 17 m type C-FALCON in 2020, OCEA won an international tender for the supply of a 35-meter hydrographic research vessel type OCEA OSV 115 SC-WB.
OCEA OSV 115 SC-WB missions
OCEA’s OSV 115 SC-WB type vessel is a hydrographic and oceanographic research vessel from the auxiliary vessels range. Intervening in support of the OSV 190 NNS LANA, it will allow the Nigerian Navy to complete the knowledge of its maritime territory.
The OSV 115 SC-WB is designed for the following missions:
• Oceanographic/hydrographic operations
• Oil spill operations
• General patrol
• Search and rescue
• Diving support
To carry out its missions, the vessel will be equipped with high-performance technical and scientific means, in particular:
• A multibeam echosounder
• A single beam echosounder
• Means of water sampling, storage and analysis
• A wet laboratory
• A 5.6 m hydrographic boat fully equipped for surveys in small and very shallow waters.
OCEA OSV 115 SC-WB main characteristics
• Length (overall): 35.00 m
• Capacity: 12 crew + passengers
• Speed at full load: 12 knots
• Range: 3000 nm @ 10 knots