SURVEY Copter press release
SURVEY Copter, an Airbus subsidiary, has developed a new configuration of its ALIACA range of light tactical UAVs.
- The system, named ALIACA ER, for “extended range”, is a new configuration of the ALIACA system.
- The system is equipped with a powerful thermal engine. It has a range of up to 100 km (54 NM) and an autonomy of 6 hours.
Stronger, faster, further, longer
ALIACA ER, for “extended range”, is a new configuration of the ALIACA Evo, a light tactical UAS developed by SURVEY Copter. The ALIACA Evo has been selected by the French Ministry of Defence to equip ships of the French Navy as part of its SMDM (système de mini-drones de la marine) programme.
The ALIACA ER is a high endurance system capable of carrying out 6-hour missions within a 100km (54 NM) range.
Like all ALIACA UAS, the ALIACA ER is launched by a catapult and ends its flight with an automatic net recovery.
With a maximum take-off weight of 16 kg and a wingspan of 3.6 m and a length of 2.2 m, the ALIACA ER is powered by a powerful thermal engine propelled by kerosene. The system can be easily and quickly deployed by only 2 operators.
This dual-sensor system is capable of performing the most demanding intelligence, tracking and target tracking missions. It is equipped with a high performance gyrostabilised electro-optical/infrared (EO/IR) payload and an Automatic Identification System (AIS) that can detect vessels within a range of several hundred kilometres.
Also easy to use, the ground station allows the operator to continuously monitor the automatic flight of the UAS, while receiving in real time, day and night, the images and AIS data collected by the onboard sensors.
It will allow users to carry out long-range missions for up to 6 hours:
- Identification of unknown vessels thanks to its gimbal and its AIS (Automatic Identification System),
- Taking photos and videos (transmitted in real time),
- Discrete repositioning of vessels of interest,
- Search for shipwrecked persons
ALIACA as a range of SURVEY Copter systems
ALIACA ER is the latest addition to a range of light tactical UAVs with over 10 years of experience.
- The ALIACA Evo. A light tactical UAV system for maritime use, certified and qualified by the French Defence Procurement Agency (DGA) under the SMDM contract – “Systèmes de Mini Drones aériens embarqués de la Marine”. 11 ALIACA Evo systems are and will be fitted to various French Navy units such as high seas patrol boats (HSP), the new overseas patrol boats (OPB) and surveillance frigates (SF). Other BPH platforms are also under study. Discreet and silent thanks to its electric motor, ALIACA EVO can be used for the most sensitive surveillance missions.
The two systems, ALIACA Evo and ALIACA ER, offer end-users the ability to perform different types of missions:
- ALIACA Evo is designed for operational users who wish to carry out surveillance and intelligence missions in complete discretion over a range of 50km and for 3 hours. Thanks to its “glide” mode and its low acoustic signature.
- ALIACA ER meets increased endurance requirements, thanks to its 6-hour autonomy and its 100 km range.
– End –